Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Using Sharpies on Dishes

I thought it would be fun to put little messages at the bottom of my kids cereal bowl.  I have always only used glass paint so I was glad to see this pin.  It made it easy to write something on the dishes.  This did not work, the writing came off after about two washes and that was it.  So, I guess it is better to just stick with glass paint if you want it to stick and stay.


BEFORE


                                                                  After

RESULTS
PINS DOWN
****-ease
*-effectiveness
****-time
****-cost
*-practical

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I like the blog, I have actually used a couple of ideas that you blogged about - I use the nail polish remover technique every time! Thanks for taking the time to share what you've done.
    If I could make one suggestion- Could you maybe give a quick summary of the pin you are testing? Some of these pins aren't familiar to me, and if all I see is a picture and your comment about whether or not it worked, I have no idea what's going on.
    This is a great idea, and I have started a pin board of things I have done from Pinterest, as well! Come check it out if you get a chance. (Rebecca B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Specific comment on the "sharpie" on dishes....paint (paint pens) do not last on dishware/glasses either!! I even wrote to "sharpie" and they responded as such. I am moving on to Porcelain 150 pens....mine should arrive in a few days. I sure hope they work!

    ReplyDelete