Sunday, July 8, 2012

Using your old candles

 Who Knew?? I never thought of this but once I received my candle warmer I never used my standard candles anymore.  This is such a great idea and works great.  I took my candle and although she melts hers down with her warmer, which would take forever, I just melted mine in a pot of boiling water on the stove.  You can also melt it in the microwave if you can get the wick out, just do an online search for melting candles fast.  Once my candle was melted after about 10-15 minutes, I poured it into an ice cube tray and then froze for 20 minutes.  Once it was frozen I just popped the cubes right out of the ice cube tray.  I then put one in my warmer and it worked perfect.  It did not lose it's smell and it worked just as well as the ones you buy.  Be sure if you do this to read the disclaimer she puts on her post.  I guess once you use something other than a scentsy candle in a scentsy warmer it voids the warranty.  I have had my so long that I do not have a warranty anymore and I have used other companies scents in my warmer.  You also can get them now at walmart and other places for relatively cheap.  If you do not have candles laying around it is just cheaper to buy the ready made scents. This process is for those that have candles laying around or those who cannot find their favorite scent in the ready made ones.



RESULTS
PINS UP
*****- effectiveness
*****- time
*****- cost
*****- practical

Original post can be found here:
http://tiffkeetch.blogspot.com/2011/01/recycling-candles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment